When you think about cookies what are the first ones that come to mind? For me, one of my top favorite cookies is the chocolate chip cookie. Chocolate chip cookies are one of THE classic cookies most people enjoy. In honor or National Chocolate Chip Day I knew I had to post my go-to recipe for chocolate chip cookies.
The recipe I prefer is not complicated, in fact my favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies is the tried and true recipe printed on the back of Toll House chocolate chip bags. I’ve tried other recipes over the years, but for some reason this is the recipe that works the best for me, and my friends and family. the batch does yield a lot of cookies but I promise they will be such a hit there won’t be much leftover.
Ingredients (makes 5 dozen cookies)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large egg
1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels.
- Add nuts if you choose.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- I like to cover my cookie sheets with foil for easy cleanup.
- Halfway through the baking time rotate the cookie sheets from front to back, and also rotate sheets (if using more than one) from top to bottom racks.