This pumpkin muffin recipe is a simple, quick, and healthy way to welcome the Fall season and enjoy the pumpkin flavor we’re all so fond of!
1. One box of white or yellow cake mix (gluten free cake mix works here as well)
2. One 15 ounce can of pumpkin purée (aka the kind you use to make pumpkin pie with)
2. Line your muffin pans with foil muffin wrappers.
TIP: Paper muffin wrappers tend to stick very badly to these muffins and are very hard to unwrap
3. Spray your muffin wrappers with nonstick cooking spray.
TIP: If you prefer not to spray the muffin wrappers, the foil ones will not stick as much as the paper wrappers.
4. Pour the contents of the box of cake mix into a bowl.
5. Open the can of pumpkin purée and add it to the bowl of cake mix.
6. Mix the pumpkin purée and cake mix together until you can no longer see the cake mix.
7. Using a spoon or an ice cream scooper, fill each muffin wrapper halfway with the mixture.
8. Put the muffins trays in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Another option, which I plan to try next, is to use a box of spice cake mix instead of the white or yellow cake.
I found this two ingredient pumpkin muffin recipe on Pinterest and since it’s been posted by many people I can’t be sure who exactly came up with this brilliant recipe.